Saturday 22 December 2012

Walk in the woods

Ok, I was out for a walk yesterday, but I had to go out again today for the Festive Family Walk in Avondale. Five families turned up for a little ramble through the woods. The photos are courtesy of Angie. Yes, the woods were magical. It was raining in the morning, but magically it stopped for our walk. It is always great to get a group of old friends together for a walk it creates a magic all of its own.

There were these funny mists that swirled in every now and then. You expected monsters or fairies to emerge at any moment. Of course there were monsters in the mist, but we had brought them with us. I'm not saying who they were, but those on the walk will know and some will think they were monsters when they were in fact fairies.

I was just a monster. Slightly short of temper and overflowing with angst. But that was cigarette anxiety. From time to time, little things irritate me. Things that I would normally have covered over with a nicotine fix. Not that I would have smoked straight away, but the thought of a smoke in the near future would sooth the mood. Now the angst just sits there, brooding away. How do non addicts deal with this?

My normally calm and unruffled exterior has been exposed as a sham. Now I am going to have to learn a new way of coping with life's little dramas. Does anyone have any ideas? Or do they just go away if you learn to ignore them? But actually, the walking helped a lot, as did the company.

The group photo at the table is missing two families, one had to leave early, while the other had spent the entire walk lost. Their story is a long one. I don't plan on telling it, but they arrived late after an interesting discovery. Suffice to say, Hugh discovered that a four wheel drive vehicle is pretty useless if none of the four wheels are in contact with the ground.



No comments:

Post a Comment